Hi all,

I've inherited a bacula system that has a pool of 50 tapes for full
backups.  When I run a backup, the tapes it wants to use seem to be ordered
a bit strangely.  It'll use the first 8 tapes MS2022L6-MS2030L6 and then
request tapes with the range MS2048L6-MS2055L6, then back to
MS2031L6-MS2035L6.  Since that was probably the order of when they were
used and Bacula tries to use the oldest, last written tapes, I can see why
the system acts in this manner.  However, it is a huge hassle when
inserting the correct ranges of tapes into the autoloader.  It will pause
full backups for the mounting of the oldest tape in the pool even when
there are purged/recycle tapes available for it to use which would be more
conveniently ordered.   Preferably, I would like to insert tapes
MS2022L6-MS2046L6 consecutively and have Bacula use the tapes in that
order.  But since that isn't the way they were used the first time, I'm
left with continuing this strange pattern of putting tapes out of order and
using tapes from different cases.  I've tried purging/recycling the tapes
but it still abides by the the Last Written parameter and will not use the
purged tapes unless it is actually the oldest.

Is there any way I can re-organize my tapes usage order?

Thanks,
Ben Wong