I have made changes as suggested and things seem MUCH better, but not functional

I no longer get error messages when typing label from bconsole

As mentioned earlier, the command

./mtx-changer /dev/sg3 load 1 /dev/st0 0

actually put the desired tape into the drive, however

./mtx-changer /dev/sg3 unload 1 /dev/st0 0

returns the following error message

̣root@LTOMag scripts]# ./mtx-changer /dev/sg3 unload 1 /dev/st0 0
Unloading drive 0 into Storage Element 1...mtx: Request Sense: Long Report=yes
mtx: Request Sense: Valid Residual=no
mtx: Request Sense: Error Code=70 (Current)
mtx: Request Sense: Sense Key=Illegal Request
mtx: Request Sense: FileMark=no
mtx: Request Sense: EOM=no
mtx: Request Sense: ILI=no
mtx: Request Sense: Additional Sense Code = 53
mtx: Request Sense: Additional Sense Qualifier = 01
mtx: Request Sense: Field in Error = 00
mtx: Request Sense: BPV=no
mtx: Request Sense: Error in CDB=no
mtx: Request Sense: SKSV=yes
mtx: Request Sense: Field Pointer = 00 00
MOVE MEDIUM from Element Address 256 to 4096 Failed

and release from bcolsole returns
[root@LTOMag scripts]# bconsole
Connecting to Director ltomag.asaambiental.mx:9101
1000 OK: 102 ltomag-dir Version: 7.4.3 (18 June 2016)
Enter a period to cancel a command.
*release
Automatically selected Catalog: MyCatalog
Using Catalog "MyCatalog"
Automatically selected Storage: Autochanger
Enter autochanger slot: 1
3307 Issuing autochanger "unload slot 1, drive 0" command for vol unknown.
3995 Bad autochanger "unload slot 1, drive 0": ERR=Child exited with code 1
Results=Unloading drive 0 into Storage Element 1...mtx: Request Sense: Long Report=yes
mtx: Request Sense: Valid Residual=no
mtx: Request Sense: Error Code=70 (Current)
mtx: Request Sense: Sense Key=Illegal Request
mtx: Request Sense: FileMark=no
mtx: Request Sense: EOM=no
mtx: Request Sense: ILI=no
mtx: Request Sense: Additional Sense Code = 53
mtx: Request Sense: Additional Sense Qualifier = 01
mtx: Request Sense: Field in Error = 00
mtx: Request Sense: BPV=no
mtx: Request Sense: Error in CDB=no
mtx: Request Sense: SKSV=yes
mtx: Request Sense: Field Pointer = 00 00
MOVE MEDIUM from Element Address 256 to 4096 Failed

3921 Device ""ltomag-drive" (/dev/nst0)" already released.

which seems to indicate that the drive is empty, which is FALSE

and

[root@LTOMag scripts]# ./mtx-changer /dev/sg3 load 1 /dev/st0 0
Drive 0 Full (Storage Element 1 loaded)

I read somewhere that a param in the

 Changer Command = "/etc/bacula/scripts/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"

had to be modified or deleted for the Quantum scalar I3, but can't recall where I saw that, maybe in backup central

I split my bacula-dir into components so here are the relevant ones

[root@LTOMag conf.d]# cat ../bacula-dir.conf
Director {
    Name = ltomag-dir
    DIRport = 9101
    QueryFile = "/etc/bacula/scripts/query.sql"
    WorkingDirectory = "/var/lib/bacula"
    PidDirectory = "/var/run/bacula-dir"
    Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 10
    Password = "xxxxxxxxxxxx"
    Messages = Daemon
    DirAddress = ltomag.asaambiental.mx
}

Catalog {
    Name = MyCatalog
    dbname = "bacula"; dbuser = "bacula"; dbpassword = "MySQLBaculaPW"
}

Messages {
    Name = Standard
mailcommand = "/usr/sbin/bsmtp -h ltomag.asaambiental.mx -f \"\(Bacula\) \<%r\>\" -s \"Bacula: %t %e of %c %l\" %r" operatorcommand = "/usr/sbin/bsmtp -h ltomag.asaambiental.mx -f \"\(Bacula\) \<%r\>\" -s \"Bacula: Intervention needed for %j\" %r"
    mail = gayta...@asaambiental.mx = all, !skipped
    operator = gayta...@asaambiental.mx = mount
    console = all, !skipped, !saved
    append = "/var/lib/bacula/log" = all, !skipped
    catalog = all
}

Messages {
    Name = Daemon
mailcommand = "/usr/sbin/bsmtp -h ltomag.asaambiental.mx -f \"\(Bacula\) \<%r\>\" -s \"Bacula daemon message\" %r"
    mail = gayta...@asaambiental.mx = all, !skipped
    console = all, !skipped, !saved
    append = "/var/lib/bacula/log" = all, !skipped
}

Console {
    Name = ltomag-mon
    Password = "xxxxxxxxxxx"
    CommandACL = status, .status
}

# Include conf files in /etc/bacula/conf.d
@|"sh -c 'for f in /etc/bacula/conf.d/*.conf; do echo @${f}; done'"

and here is conf.d/jobdefs.conf

[root@LTOMag conf.d]# cat jobdefs.conf
JobDefs {
    Name = "DefaultJob"
    Type = Backup
    Level = Full
    Client = hermes-fd
    FileSet = "HERMESActiveSet"
    Schedule = "DailyCycle"
    Storage = Autochanger
    Messages = Standard
    Priority = 10
    Pool = Default
    Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bacula/%c.bsr"
}

JobDefs {
    Name = "BacchusDefaultJob"
    Type = Backup
    Level = Full
    Client = bacchus-fd
    FileSet = "BACCHUSActiveSet"
    Schedule = "BacchusActiveCycle"
    Storage = Autochanger
    Messages = Standard
    Priority = 10
    Pool = Default
    Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bacula/%c.bsr"
}

JobDefs {
    Name = "ConfigsHistJob"
    Type = Backup
    Level = Full
    Client = hermes-fd
    FileSet = "HERMESHistSet"
    Schedule = "ConfigsHistCycle"
    Storage = Autochanger
    Messages = Standard
    Priority = 10
    Pool = Default
    Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bacula/%c.bsr"
}

and here is conf.d/storage.conf
[root@LTOMag conf.d]# cat storage.conf
Storage {
    Name = Autochanger
    Address =  ltomag.asaambiental.mx
    SDPort = 9103
    Password = "xxxxxxxxxxxx"
    Device = ltomag-drive
    Media Type = LTO-7
    Autochanger = yes
}

The other included mods are
-rw-r----- 1 root root   662 Jan  7 12:33 clients.conf
-rw-r----- 1 root root 27567 Jan  7 12:33 filesets.conf
-rw-r----- 1 root root  1505 Jan 10 06:30 jobs.conf
-rw-r----- 1 root root  2241 Jan  7 12:33 pools.conf
-rw-r----- 1 root root   473 Jan  7 12:33 schedules.conf

and finally here is my bacula-sd.conf

[root@LTOMag conf.d]# cat ../bacula-sd.conf
Storage {
    Name = ltomag-sd
    SDPort = 9103
    WorkingDirectory = "/var/lib/bacula"
    Pid Directory = "/var/run/bacula-sd"
    Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
    SDAddress = ltomag.asaambiental.mx
}

Director {
    Name = ltomag-dir
    Password = "ltomagsdpass"
}

Director {
    Name = ltomag-mon
    Password = "ltomagmonpass"
    Monitor = yes
}

Autochanger {
    Name = Autochanger
    Device = ltomag-drive
    Changer Command = "/etc/bacula/scripts/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
    Changer Device = /dev/sg3
}

Device {
    Name = ltomag-drive
    Device Type = Tape
    Media Type = LTO-7
    Archive Device = /dev/nst0
    AutomaticMount = yes;
    AlwaysOpen = yes;
    RemovableMedia = yes;
    RandomAccess = no;
    Maximum File Size = 100GB
    AutoChanger = yes
    Alert Command = "sh -c 'smartctl -H -l error %c'"
    Spool Directory = /var/spool/bacula
    LabelMedia = yes
}

Messages {