I have installed the client software on one of my LINUX systems, and can't seem
to get it to connect:

status client="client1-fd"
Connecting to Client client1-fd at client1:9102
Failed to connect to Client client1-fd.
====

This is what the config on client1 looks like:
Bacula-fd.conf:
#
# Default  Bacula File Daemon Configuration file
#
#  For Bacula release 9.4.3 (02 May 2019) -- redhat
#
# There is not much to change here except perhaps the
# File daemon Name to
#
#
# Copyright (C) 2000-2015 Kern Sibbald
# License: BSD 2-Clause; see file LICENSE-FOSS
#

#
# List Directors who are permitted to contact this File daemon
#
Director {
   Name = client1-dir
   Password = <snip>
}

Director {
   Name = BACKUP1-dir
   Password = <snip>
}

#
# Restricted Director, used by tray-monitor to get the
#   status of the file daemon
#
Director {
  Name = client1-mon
  Password = <snip>
  Monitor = yes
}
Director {
  Name = BACKUP1-mon
  Password = <snip>
  Monitor = yes
}

#
# "Global" File daemon configuration specifications
#
FileDaemon {                          # this is me
  Name = client1-fd
  FDport = 9102                  # where we listen for the director
  WorkingDirectory = /opt/bacula/working
  Pid Directory = /opt/bacula/working
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
  Plugin Directory = /opt/bacula/plugins
}

# Send all messages except skipped files back to Director
Messages {
  Name = Standard
  director = client1-dir = all, !skipped, !restored
}
Relevant section on backup1:
Client {
  Name = client1-fd
 Address = client1
  FDPort = 9102
  Catalog = MyCatalog
  Password = <password from client1 -dir>
  File Retention = 60 days           # 60 days
  Job Retention = 6 months           # six months
  AutoPrune = yes                    # Prune expired Jobs/Files
}