I do my Bacula backups to my NAS and then rsync the complete folder to drives which are then offlined after the rsync completes.

David

On 17/09/2019 21:05, Phil Stracchino wrote:
On 9/17/19 3:37 PM, Dimitri Maziuk via Bacula-users wrote:
The other one we have is a 36-bay chassis with ZFS. We started with 4TB
"NAS" drives in it and by now replaced them all with 8TB "archive"
ones... And when it starts getting tight we'll go for 12 or 16 or
whatever it's gonna be by then. With this one I don't have to muck
around with vchanger, labeling barcodes and updating slots and all that.
And everything's on-line at all times.
Yeah, right now as an interim measure while I work out a new non-tape
solution, I'm running monthly full backups to my NAS, a Sun X4540.  It
works for now, but I'd prefer to have my full backup media actually
physically offline and airgapped when not actually running.  Which is
why I was asking for people's experiences with removable-drive setups
and how best to do it in Bacula.