Hi,

After I upgraded to bacula-7.4.4 I am getting the following message from Bacula
when a job is waiting in the queue for the tape drive to become available to
mount the tape from a different pool needed for this job to run:

"waiting to reserve a device"

Example:
I have 3 tape drives (1,2, &3)
Tape drive 1 and 2 are running FULL backups using tapes from pool "server-full"
Tape 3 is running Incremental backups using tapes from pool "server-partial"

Now there are desktop backup jobs waiting in the queue because it needs a tape
from "desktop-pool"

I find that until one of the three tape drives become available for the tape
from desktop-pool to mount I keep getting emails from bacula saying ""waiting
to reserve a device".
How can I disable this annoying messages? Please let me know.

In the bacula-sd.conf I have

Storage {
.
.
.
.
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
  }

Thank you.
UR.

  • [Bacula-use... Rao, Uthra R. (GSFC-672.0)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC] via Bacula-users
    • Re: [B... Radosław Korzeniewski
      • Re... Rao, Uthra R. (GSFC-672.0)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC] via Bacula-users
        • ... Radosław Korzeniewski
          • ... Rao, Uthra R. (GSFC-672.0)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC] via Bacula-users
            • ... Radosław Korzeniewski
              • ... Rao, Uthra R. (GSFC-672.0)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC] via Bacula-users
                • ... Radosław Korzeniewski
                • ... Rao, Uthra R. (GSFC-672.0)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC] via Bacula-users
              • ... Kern Sibbald