Hello,

śr., 12 lut 2020 o 16:23 William Muriithi <will...@perasotech.com>
napisał(a):

> > I think I do miss your point. Why anyone on Earth would like to
> configure a backup job in such a way that the next job will intentionally
> run when a previous job did not complete and intentionally setup
> cancelation of the duplicated job?
>
> IMVHO if I knew that my backup job is running for i.e. 8H then I'll never
> schedule next backup job on 4H period and setup a cancellation of the
> duplicate job because it will cancel every second job by design. It would
> be insane, right?
>
> That is how I initially set it up.  The problem is, sometimes, the tapes
> run out on weekend or at night and jobs fall behind.

OK, I understand now. It is not an intentional configuration but a rare
occurrences.

  So over time, you end up with 2 or 3 jobs scheduled to backup the same
> file.  Instead of restarting to cleanup the backlog, I thought rejecting
> duplicates was less involving.
>
> How do you handle these cases without configuring bacula to avoid
> duplicates?

I personally always configure Bacula to disable duplicates and to cancel
it. But you can do whatever you want. You can just simply allow duplicates
and just queue it so it will run as soon as all required resources become
available again. Then no failed jobs because some of the jobs delay.

best regards
--
Radosław Korzeniewski
rados...@korzeniewski.net