Hello,
I'm completely a newbie with Bacula: I'm studying all the guides and just
few days ago I've been able to us it! Success!

But I still cannot understand how the virtual autochangers work:
I touched very little from the default config and I just created for
different network shares and mounted them in the main root.

This is my config (I just leave relevant parts)

Autochanger {
  Device = FileChgr1-Dev1, FileChgr1-Dev2
  Changer Command = ""
  Changer Device = /dev/null
}

Device {
  Name = FileChgr1-Dev1
  Media Type = File1
  Archive Device = /backup/bacula1
}

Device {
  Name = FileChgr1-Dev2
  Media Type = File1
  Archive Device = /backup/bacula1-alt
}

The result is I made a successful backup on /backup/bacula1/Volume1 but
when I try to restore it, the job is looking in the other File1 device
( /backup/bacula1-alt/Volume1
) that of course is empty, because Volume1 was created in the other path.

I was supposing that during restoration the program will scan to both
autochanger paths to see which one has the most recent record, but seems it
doesn't work in this way.
If I try to setup the "Archive Device" option to the same path it works
flawlessy (and it seems the "Best Practices for DiskBased Backup" guid
recommends something like that) so I cannot understand the difference of
making an autochanger with just one device.

Thank you in advance for the explanations!

--
Alberto