Hello,

wt., 29 wrz 2020 o 09:50 Рукавцов Дмитрий Геннадьевич <m...@santel-navi.ru>
napisał(a):

> Hello, i have bacula server 9.6.5 on Centos and i need to backup folders
> from Windows 2019 server client with deduplication on (optimized files).
> Problem if i'm making Full backup, the archive is incomplete

Could you show the job terminate log?

> (files
> count match, but size is wrong)

I do not understand how you judge that a size is wrong?

> Is there any way to tell Bacula server
> to ignore deduplication (optimized files) on client or any other way?

I do not understand your statement. Could you elaborate what you want to
achieve and what configuration you use?

Deduplication in Bacula Enterprise Edition is called GED (Global Endpoint
Deduplication) and it is performed on client side (endpoint) and on storage
daemon. You can enable/disable deduplication for a single FileSet/Include
resource.
A deduplication optimized volumes functionality (aligned plugin) available
on Bacula Community requires an external deduplication solution, hardware
or software level to perform the required computation and management. This
solution does not involve a backup client in any way.

> Tried to set "Enable VSS = no" at FileSet but it gives nothing.

VSS is a Microsoft Windows framework and API to manage filesystem level
storage snapshots. It is ignored on non Windows systems and has nothing to
do with deduplication.

> I read
> manuals but there is only info about how enable deduplication on server,
> not how to backup from such client.

When you enable a deduplication optimized volumes functionality (aligned
plugin) then deduplication could be performed externally using such
solutions like: EMC Data Domain, Quantum DXi or ZFS. No build in
deduplication is available in Bacula Community and aligned plugin. If you
want to enable client side (endpoint) deduplication then you have to use
Bacula Enterprise Edition.

> I need to make full backup to restore at another machine where i don't
> have deduplication, so backup chunk store container and optimized files
> separately is not an option.

Bacula is a network backup and restore solution. You do not need to "copy"
saved archives to another machine to do a restore. All you need is to
execute a restore job which will use an existing backup archive stored on a
backup server and not a client.

> I need to turn off
> FILE_FLAG_OPEN_REPARSE_POINT so i could make normal backup without using
> VSS but i don't understand why option "Enable VSS = no" not working

Bacula should handle reparse points very well. I'm not sure if it supports
all kinds of reparse points available. I think reparse points are not
related to VSS in any way, so switching VSS on or off does not help.
I do not understand what you want to achieve with this flag, could you
elaborate?

best regards
--
Radosław Korzeniewski