Hello,

śr., 30 wrz 2020 o 12:01 <djosip+n...@linuxpages.net> napisał(a):

> > No, SD does not handle this kind of messages. It is a Director
> > responsibility only.
>
> I don't think so.
>  From what I understood, all Bacula daemons have their own message
> handlers but by default it is convenient for people to send messages
> back to the Director where they get combined into a single report
> message for the related Job.

For a standard job, yes. For a copied job, no.

> And indeed, messages in the second e-mail which correspond to the
> original Job seems to be sent by the Storage daemon.

It is technically impossible as SD does not store job termination status
messages for the original job. So it cannot send it to the user. These
messages are stored in the catalog and simply copied by the Director during
copy job execution.

> Here is the example of one such additional e-mail message:
>
> 30-Sep 06:18 bkp1-dir JobId 5132: Using Device "tape1-dev1" to write.
> 30-Sep 06:18 bkp1-sd JobId 5132: Spooling data ...
> 30-Sep 06:21 bkp1-sd JobId 5132: Committing spooled data to Volume
> "tapevol-0011". Despooling 901,424,162 bytes ...
> 30-Sep 06:21 bkp1-sd JobId 5132: Despooling elapsed time = 00:00:05,
> Transfer rate = 180.2 M Bytes/second
> 30-Sep 06:21 bkp1-sd JobId 5132: Elapsed time=00:02:16, Transfer
> rate=6.621 M Bytes/second
> 30-Sep 06:21 bkp1-sd JobId 5132: Sending spooled attrs to the Director.
> Despooling 580 bytes ...

Is it an original job message or a copy job message? What job ids are for
an original job and its clone? Could you check, please. You have to
distinguish between an original backup job message and message generated
during copy.

> I dislike using ugly workarounds and I would either solve it in the
> Bacula configuration or look into devising a patch that solves the
> problem properly.

I'm not sure if Bacula has configuration parameters with this kind of
behavior.

> It was some time since I looked into the Bacula relations in the
> database but I am sure it can be fixed in the source, probably using
> the "priorjobid/priorjob" column in catalog as you said.
>
> I am not 100% sure if those messages should be combined (it looks
> like it would be a good idea) but I was hoping for a solution including
> Bacula configuration so that we don't have to look into the source.

I think Kern should elaborate on how he designed this functionality.

best regards
--
Radosław Korzeniewski
rados...@korzeniewski.net