On 2021-04-29 at 19:08:46 Kern Sibbald wrote:

> Normally, it is automatic if you upgrade from a package.  If you do the
> upgrade manually, you must run the "update_bacula_tables" script that is
> in the new version.  It is normally found in the <bacula>/src/cats
> directory.

OK, so I went ahead to update bacula from 9.6.5 to 11.0.2 and now my bacula
installation
is broken as I feared. I guess my situation is unnormal. The director wont
start and if I
run the catalogue update script I get:

[erik@Erik-PC bacula]$ /usr/libexec/bacula/update_mysql_tables

This script will update a Bacula MySQL database
 from any from version 12-15 or 1014-1021 to version 1022
 which is needed to convert from any Bacula Enterprise
 version 4.0.x or later to version 12.4.x
 or Bacula Community versions 5.0.x, 5.2.x, 7.4.x, 9.x.x to
 Community version 11.0

Depending on the current version of your catalog, you may
 have to run this script multiple times

ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' to database 'bacula'

Unable to detect database version, you can specify connection information
on the command line.
Error. Cannot upgrade this database.

So what should I now do?

--
Erik P. Olsen - Copenhagen, Denmark
Fedora 33/64 bit xfce Claws-Mail POP3 Gramps 5.1.3 Bacula 9.6.5