Hello Wanderlei,

On 12/2/21 15:56, Wanderlei Huttel wrote:
I'm trying to configure the new feature in in Bacula, but manual is not
clear about it.
https://www.bacula.org/11.0.x-manuals/en/main/New_Features_in_11_0_0.html#SECTION002300000000000000000
In the company have some employees that sometimes are working at home with
their laptops and the most of time are working internal

So, I've thought include "Client Behind Nat" to backup their laptops when
they are remote

1) I've create 2 rules in Firewall to forward ports 9101 and 9103 from FW
Server to Bacula Server (The connection it looks OK)

2) I've configured the laptop client (bacula-fd.conf)
Director {
   Name = bacula-dir
   Password = "mypassword"
   Address = mydomain.com
   Connect To Director = yes
}

3) In bacula-dir.conf on client-XXX I've configured the option:
Allow FD Connections = yes
Should I include "FD Storage Address = mydomain.com"  to backup when the
employee is remote?

If the Address directive specified in the Storage resource of the Director configuration file can be resolved by your clients, it's ok. If the address is different or cannot be resolved, you can use the FD Storage Address directive, but when the clients are in the local network, it will probably not work.

4) If I want to modify the ports from client behind NAT connect, how to do?
Is possible?

Yes, of course, the DirPort of the Director resource in the FileDaemon configuration file should be used.

5) This Kind of configuration will work when the employee is in the local
network or in remote network?

I have never tried and I'm not sure it will work out of the box. The code
around connect_to_filedaemon() might have to be adapted a bit (try the direct
connection after the unsuccessful try with the local cache).

The best would probably to play with the DNS records, internally, you resolve the local director, from outside, you resolve with the outside address of the director.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Eric