On 2021-12-16 10:44, mac-eduki2.co.uk wrote:
Good day
I hope this message finds you all well.

I have been running a small Bacula server with a single disk for a
number of years now and it has become a vital part of our small
business.

I setup our original server with some help from the community and am
very grateful to anyone who freely shares their knowledge.

I am using Debian 9 and Bacula 7.4.4
I have 4 storage drives mounted as backup1-4

We have 20 plus clients and each one has their own pool and label.

currently if I go to my single storage device all my client backup
files are listed there

I first question is:

Can Bacula use my 4 disks in the same way filling up backup1 and than
using backup2 etc?
Would it be better to share out my clients between the 4 devices
(disks) -  and if so, should they each have a different file type for
example file1 file2 etc?

My approach is to figure out the storage first.

If anyone has experience and can offer help on how a small Bacula
server with multiple devices (disks) should be configured I would be
most grateful.

Hello Brad

Bacula cannot fill your disk drives as you described but you can achieve
the similar effect using other means.

If I were you I would use LVM to include all the drives into a single
LVM volume group. That would allow you to create a LVM logical volume
with a single large file system you could use with Bacula as you see fit.
It would also be a good idea to consider using RAID or similar kind of
redundancy to prevent loss of data in case of a drive failure.

Other options would include either use of symlinks or separate storage
resource configurations.

If you chose to use different storage devices for this purpose, you should
make sure that they are using different MediaType.

Regards!

--
Josip Deanovic