On 2022-05-24 20:17, egoitz--- via Bacula-users wrote:
Good afternoon,

One more question, that I have seen it difficult to be absolutely sure
just with the documentation available on the net and my Bacula books
bought.

If I have :

Full

Differential 001

Differential 002

Differential 003

If I want to restore my machine to Diferential 003 situation... do I
need the Full job (obviously) + Differential 001 + Differential 002 +
Differential 003 or it's OK if I use Full job (obviously) + Differential
003 ?.

Thanks a lot mates!

Hi

Differential backup covers differences since the latest full job.
So, in your example you would need the appropriate Full job and the
"Differential 003" job.

The idea behind differential jobs is to speed up the restore by avoiding
the need of a number of incremental jobs which could reside on different
volumes.

If you are using only volumes of a file type (stored on a disk storage)
and your volumes are always available, then you probably wouldn't benefit
from differential backups as disk storage is quite fast and Bacula can
open volumes as needed.

Regards!

--
Josip Deanovic