Hello all,

I was looking for a Bacula Plugin for a recent TrueNAS Core (bacula-fd to
backup its content, bacula-dir, bacula-sd to backup other machines’ content). I
can see that there has been a Bacula Plugin maintained by iX-Systems for
FreeNAS in the past, but it has been abandoned by iX-Systems.

Since TrueNAS Core is the closest we get for free to something like an
enterprise storage appliance, I was assuming it makes a lot of sense and there
is a lot of demand to have Bacula for TrueNAS Core. I haven’t found it in the
Community Plugins either.

I saw that someone on this list was compiling Bacula for TrueNAS Core, so it
must be feasible.

Are just too few people here using TrueNAS Core? Or has everyone gone through
compiling it for themselves? Wouldn’t it be more  “user-friendly” to have a
plugin? Maybe no-one has sufficient motivation to make and maintain one (yeah,
I know someone is going to respond “why don’t you do it?”).
Or is there another explanation?

Or is there actually a Bacula Plugin for TrueNAS Core and I just did not look
right and did not find it?

All the best, I am looking forward to your thoughts on this.
 J/C