On 6/20/22 06:35, Justin Case wrote:
Thats right. Such a plugin is something like a wrapper/installer that creates a jail environment for an existing application and hopefully provides a nice interface. So in the case of Bacula it would be a jail where all components are installed, so that one could use the director there to pull data in from clients and store them on ZFS, or, use it as a bacula-fd to backup zfs datasets to a third bacula-sd.

If it is running in a jail, then how does it have access to all zfs datasets? Doesn't bacula-fd have to run as root no matter what OS it is running on? How else can it backup all of the other plugins, etc.?

On 20. Jun 2022, at 10:33, Radosław Korzeniewski <rados...@korzeniewski.net> wrote:

Hello,

niedz., 19 cze 2022 o 23:45 dmitri maziuk <dmitri.maz...@gmail.com> napisał(a):

    On 2022-06-19 2:42 PM, Radosław Korzeniewski wrote:

    > But reading on the internet what iX-Systems Plugins are I think
    it is
    > not what I understand with the above term.

    TrueNAS is a specialized version of OpenBSD that comes with
    web-based UI
to ZFS storage subsystem.

I know what TrueNAS is. :)

    A plugin is a binary packaged for install via
    said UI.

So it is a TrueNAS Plugin, because it extends TrueNAS functionality, right?
best regards
--
Radosław Korzeniewski
rados...@korzeniewski.net