I asked a very similar question nearly 2 years ago
(https://sourceforge.net/p/bacula/mailman/bacula-users/thread/4ef25e47-7fc9-49c9-9d8b-c8b73414c9a3@Spark/)
 — is there any hope of getting Debian packages for Bacula built with MariaDB
in addition to MySQL? Virtually everything else I use is built with the MariaDB
dependencies these days, and I can’t upgrade to Bacula 9.6 w/o building my own
packages at this point.

I was hoping to migrate from local disk to s3 storage, but that can’t happen
w/o a newer version of bacula that what comes with Ubuntu. And even the
debian.org packages are still mysql-only.

Dan Rich <dr...@employees.org>
http://www.employees.org/~drich/
"Step up to red alert!" "Are you sure, sir?
It means changing the bulb in the sign..."
        - Red Dwarf (BBC)