Hi there,

I took this snipped from the main documentation about copy jobs:

# # Fake client for copy jobs #
Client {
Name = None
 Address = localhost
 Password = "NoNe”
 Catalog = MyCatalog
}

# # Default template for a CopyDiskToTape Job # JobDefs {

Name = CopyDiskToTape
Type = Copy
Messages = StandardCopy
Client = None
FileSet = None
Selection Type = PoolUncopiedJobs
Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 10
SpoolData = No
Allow Duplicate Jobs = Yes
Cancel Queued Duplicates = No
Cancel Running Duplicates = No
Priority = 13
}

It says: "The Copy Job runs without using the File daemon by copying the data
from the old backup Volume to a different Volume in a different Pool.” So there
is no need for a working Client.

This does not seem to be entirely factual. I configured it as suggested above,
but then the Director gives me:

04-Sep 14:19 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: authenticatebase.cc:435 Director
unable to authenticate with File Daemon at "localhost:9102". Possible causes:
Passwords or names not the same or

The copy job still works, but I think it is not suitable to provoke such an
error.

Why would the Director actually connect to the client? May I suppress this?

Thanks for considering my question,
 J/C