My experience with trying the steps planned in my previous email (as attached):

(2) verifies the backup job (1) as expected.

(4) does NOT verify the copy (3) on the pool and storage as provided for the
verify job, instead it verifies the backup job (1) by switching to the pool,
storage and volume used in (1).

Using the copy job name as VerifyJob fails with "Fatal error: Unable to find
JobId of previous Job for this client.”

So now actually it seems to be impossible to verify copy jobs in a scheduled
way, as we only know the names of the original backup job (1), and the name of
the copy job (3), but we cannot know the job ID of the copy job (3) before it
is executed.

Is it actually to verify copy jobs in a scheduled manner? If so, how?