On 4/5/23 11:10, Andrew Meyer via Bacula-users wrote:
I'm trying to set up bacula on AlmaLinux 8.7 w/ MariaDB 10.11 and getting the following error:

$ sudo /usr/libexec/bacula/make_mysql_tables -u bacula -p
Enter password:
ERROR 1005 (HY000) at line 112: Can't create table `bacula`.`Job` (errno: 150 "Foreign key constraint is incorrectly formed") ERROR 1005 (HY000) at line 286: Can't create table `bacula`.`Pool` (errno: 150 "Foreign key constraint is incorrectly formed")
Creation of Bacula MySQL tables succeeded.

The error was much worse when I tried to run this as mysql root user.

Can someone point me in the right direction to resolve this?

Andrew, which version of Bacula? If you are seeing foreign key constraint failures, I suspect the general answer is "an old one", because no table in current Bacula releases contains foreign key constraints. They were removed a LONG time ago.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications