On 2023-04-11 04:51, Yateen Shaligram Bhagat (Nokia) wrote:
Thanks Bill, much appreciated.
I assume adding password and shell to bacula user does not cause any
harm to the bacula functionality

Hello,

It will not harm bacula functionality but I doubt you need to do that.
If you need some commands to be executed by user bacula from shell
scripts, I would recommend utilizing sudo command.

In addition to what Bill said, if you just need to become bacula user
temporary, you could use the command:
su -s /bin/bash - bacula

It is useful when you want to check if the user can actually access
some file or directory or when debugging bacula services.

Regards

--
Josip Deanovic