Am 11.05.23 um 08:06 schrieb Dr. Thorsten Brandau:

It looks fitting to other services like Rsync. I am running on an external RAID6, so I assume the discs and caching is just low, as I have several file storages >80TB on that device. No SSD or so.

Initially I tested the drive with about 400MB/s, so that fits around the maximum read speed of the discs coming from the raid.

Are there any tweaking parameters I could try?

Cheers

TB

Please try the bacula-sd parameters. This is from our Quantum Superloader 3 LTO-7 definitions. See if it makes any difference for you. Despooling sustained ~ 290MB/sec from an SSD Raid 1.

bacula-sd.conf:

Device {
 # 300 Mb/sec = eof filemark every two minutes, this is not max size of YOUR files... #8-)
  MaximumFileSize = 36G

  MaximumBlockSize = 1048576
}

Another point would be spooling of file attributes to reduce intermittent access to you sql server.

Regards