Hello Neil,

>From your description it looks that Bacularis works with the mtx-changer
script well.

For labeling volumes, as it is action realized by Bacula SD, so I think, it
might be good to check if the mtx-changer script is capable of being
correctly executed by the bacula user.

For test I would propose to try this command:

# sudo -u bacula /etc/bacula/scripts/mtx-changer /dev/pass1 slots

and also a good test could be trying to label a sample volume using
bconsole.

Best regards,
Marcin Haba (gani)

On Tue, 9 Apr 2024 at 20:30, Rob Gerber <r...@craeon.net> wrote:

> [...]
>>
>>   RandomAccess = no
>>
>>   AutomaticMount = yes
>>
>>   AlwaysOpen = yes
>>
>>   Autochanger = yes
>>
>>   ControlDevice = "/dev/pass1"
>>
>>   AlertCommand = "/usr/local/share/bacula/tapealert %l"
>>
>> }
>>

>> I can run mt and mtx commands freely from the command line as both the
>> bacula user and www user so I think my /dev/ permissions are ok
>>

>> On 9 Apr 2024, at 09:39, Marcin Haba <ganius...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Neil,
>>
>> Great to hear that you were able to set up the Bacularis instance.
>>
>> This error that you see is because in the php.ini file on FreeBSD by
>> default is error reporting set to display all errors. To fix this error you
>> need to edit php.ini file:
>>
>> /usr/local/etc/php.ini
>>
>> and change error reporting line from this:
>>
>> error_reporting = E_ALL
>>
>> into this one:
>>
>> error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT
>>
>> At the end you need to restart PHP.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Marcin Haba (gani)
>>
>> On Tue, 9 Apr 2024 at 15:22, Neil Balchin <n...@neilandjo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks so much,
>>>

>>> I got a little further along my path
>>>
>>> The Bacularis web guide is up and running
>>>
>>> I’ve configured my web server user (www) to have appropriate file
>>> permissions for the bacula config files and directories and added the sudo
>>> permissions for the necessary binaries
>>>
>>> I think I’m missing something in my server setup because
>>>
>>> I get this error when I try to config anything:
>>>

>>> Error 1000 - Internal error. [Unknown Error] substr(): Passing null to
>>> parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated (@line 232 in file
>>> /usr/local/www/bacularis/protected/vendor/pradosoft/prado/framework/Data/Common/Pgsql/TPgsqlMetaData.php).
>>>

>>> On 8 Apr 2024, at 23:35, Marcin Haba <ganius...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello Neil,
>>>
>>> I have checked installing Bacularis on FreeBSD and I have one more note.
>>>
>>> By default in Apache is used PHP as Apache module. If you want to use it
>>> this way, it is fine. Nothing else to do. If you will need to use PHP
>>> through PHP-FPM, then you need to do a few changes in your httpd.conf to
>>> disable the Apache PHP module and enable PHP-FPM.
>>>
>>> First, you need to disable/comment the MPM Prefork module and libphp:
>>>
>>> #LoadModule mpm_prefork_module libexec/apache24/mod_mpm_prefork.so
>>> #LoadModule php_module         libexec/apache24/libphp.so
>>>
>>> and enable/uncomment these modules:
>>>
>>> LoadModule mpm_event_module libexec/apache24/mod_mpm_event.so
>>> LoadModule proxy_module libexec/apache24/mod_proxy.so
>>> LoadModule proxy_fcgi_module libexec/apache24/mod_proxy_fcgi.so
>>>
>>> Then you need to add these lines to the same httpd.conf:
>>>
>>> <FilesMatch "\.php$">
>>>         SetEnvIfNoCase ^Authorization$ "(.+)" HTTP_AUTHORIZATION=$1
>>>         <If "-f %{REQUEST_FILENAME}">
>>>             SetHandler  "proxy:unix:/tmp/php-fpm.sock|fcgi://localhost/"

>>> listen.group = www