A Persimmon is variety of species of trees of the genus Diospyros, and the edible fruit borne by them. The most widely cultivated species is Diospyros kaki. The fruit is very sweet to the taste with a soft to occasionally fibrous texture. Cultivation of the fruit started in parts of East Asia, and was later introduced to California.

Diospyros kaki translates as "The Fruit of Zeus".

Zeus, is (or was) the king of the gods, the ruler of Mount Olympus, and god of the sky and thunder, in Greek mythology. His symbols are (or were) the thunderbolt, bull, eagle and the oak. When the world was divided in three, Hades received the underworld, Poseidon the sea, and Zeus the sky.

We want to honor Zeus!

We want to moan about the dreadful non-divisional monotheistic singularity! Long enough we were dominated by the concept of the God of the Abrahamic religions and/or the Platonic concept of God as put forward by Pseudo-Dionysius the Areopagite!

We want to eat persimmons for Zeus! In anger!

Join the force! Eat his fruit! Get a certificate!

Los Angeles, California.
Sidewalk @ 4810 Sunset Boulevard. February 23, 2007; 1 PM- 1:30 PM.

--
Posted By johannes to <http://www.monochrom.at/english/2007/02/international-year-of-polytheism-eat.htm>monochrom at 2/22/2007 08:10:00 PM