n'abnd monos, bagaschist_innen, hackerbussis, metalaben et al.

untenstehendes begehr ist via div wege ua bei mir gelandet & gemäß eines
teilaspekts des begehrs leite ich den hauptsächlichen korpus der anfrage mal
auch hiermittens weiter ...

für bereitstehende/interessierte, zurückmailen und ich liefere kontaktdaten
an beide parteien weiter:

-----

I am Zsuzsanna Balázs, Hungarian journalist working for Hungary's leading
political-economical weekly's (HVG's) culture&science columns. At the moment
I am on a three-month scholarship at the Institut für die Wissenschaften vom
Menschen in Wien. I seek contact with you because of the topic I am working
on. It is cultural "guerilla movements" for building a better society in
European cities. I am trying to look into mechanisms in groups of green
gardeners, flash mobbers, urban playground activists, squatters and so
called public artists of various societies of Europe. I had a nice and long
conversation about the topic with Christian, and he mentioned to me that
besides organizing contemporary movements you also are publishing a book
about this topic. I am sure you must be very busy with all this, but I would
like to ask you to have a conversation with me while my stay in the city.
Even though my project involves quite a few travelling, I spend many days in
Wien until the end of March.

Though I am qute sure you already know what I am looking for, please let me
give you a couple of examples of such activities in Hungary:
- green guerillas (guerilla gardening): in Hungary for example there is a
group called Zöld Vadművelet aka Wild Green Action, which overnight planted
smog-bearing plants in the street lamp legs of the Danube bridge Margaret in
Budapest
- flash mobs, urban playground activists: in Hungary a group called the
Fourth Republic organizes - besides short flashmobs - Capture the Flag games
or underground football matches on the streets or in the undergrounds of
Budapest illegally
- public art activists: Hungarian example would be a wall-poster modifier
who - with illegally modifying advertisements - is criticising the "consumer
society" or with stickers holding ironic messages shows the malfunctions of
big firms. (e.g.: stickers put on the buildings and vehicles of the
Hungarian Railways (MÁV) saying "we deliberately leave the carriages dirty -
MÁV"

I would like to ask for your help in two ways:
1. if you would be willing to help me a bit, please let us set a date and
time when we could meet here in Wien and have a conversation about
contemporary "urban space-gaining" movements. I will be in town at the first
half of next week (14th-16th of February) Though I have a couple of lectures
to attend, I am sure we can find a date that fits us both, if any if those
days fit you. Then I will be out of town (in Berlin), but be back on the
very first week of March (28th of Febr. - 4th of March).
2. I would also like to ask you to direct me to others you happen to know
that might have participated in such activities not only in Wien, but also
in other cities of Europe. I guess the most important places would be
London, Paris, Berlin, Prague, Krakow, and maybe Stockholm. Please, if you
are in contact with others interested in such society-building movements,
let me have their names and e-mail addresses, so I can get in touch with
them too.

Thank you in advance for your help, I am very much looking forward to
hearing from you as soon as possible.

Zsuzsanna Balázs

--
mag. hc voigt