> Christians talk a lot about how Jesus had to endure so much pain during
His
> crucifixion, and how that was necessary for salvation.  I've heard stories
> about various martyrs in the Faith being in such a spiritual state that
they
> did not feel physical pain under torture.  Wouldn't it therefore be the
same
> for Jesus, a Messenger of God?

Dear David,

I've always assumed that those martyrs who lost all sense of feeling did so
because they were not able to endure it. It is something psychiatrists call
disassociation. I don't think Manifestations do that, if anything I think
They are more sensitive.

warmest, Susan


__________________________________________________
You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Baha'i Studies is available through the following:
Mail - mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web - http://list.jccc.edu/read/?forum=bahai-st
News - news://list.jccc.edu/bahai-st
Public - http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist
Old Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
New Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to