On 3/22/04 1:55 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated 3/21/2004 8:44:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
>> As to the Bab's use of the term - I understand this to be word
play,
>> not interpretation.
>>

> Dear Don,
>
> And what do you do about Ali's use of the term?
>
> warmest, Susan

The same.

Metaphorically, the Frequented Fane is the Center around which the
Faithful circle.  After the passing of the Manifestation, it applies
to their designated successor.

If you insist that the Bab's use of the term was authoritative
interpretation of the Qu'ran, then either Ali did not understand the
Qu'ran or he was claiming to be the Return of Christ.

Don C

 - - - - -
 He who believes himself spiritual proves he is not.