> "It is even possible that the condition of those who have died in sin and
unbelief may become changed - that is to say, they may become the object of
pardon through the bounty of God, not through His justice - for bounty is
giving without desert, and justice is giving what is deserved."
> -- `Abdu'l-Baha, Some Answered Questions, p.232

There is an interesting fictional story about the afterlife written by
Captain Tudor Pole.  It's a bit hard to determine where Baha'i ideas begin
and end in the book, but I believe there is more than just on pages 45-46 of
the book as mentioned in the link below.  Captain Pole, while not a Baha'i,
was a friend of the Baha'is.  He actually may have saved 'Abdu'l-Baha's life
during WW I, when he got word to the British War Cabinet of Djemel Pasha's
plan to crucify "Abdu'l-Baha on Mt. Carmel in the event of a Turkish defeat.
The war cabinet sent back a request to General Allenby to protect the Holy
Family, and it was done (the whole story is in "The Servant, the General,
and Armageddon published by George Ronald).   Tudor Pole also carried
letters to Egypt for 'Abdu'l-Baha and mailed them.  It makes one wonder how
much he may have discussed the afterlife with 'Abdu'l-Baha.

Patti

http://bahai-library.com/fiction/private.dowding.html