"Personally, I don't understand the focus on the term "Ruhi method."
However, the fact that one of the Ruhi books may contain a statement denying
it status as a method is obviously not evidentiary."

Dear Mark,

Notwithstanding my crack about Baha'i-speak, it sounds from the passage
which Max put up on Book 7, that what they are trying to say is that these
techniques ought not to be followed dogmatically and treated as essential in
Ruhi Study Circles. However, emphazing "systematic procedure by which a task
is accomplished" moves us precisely in that direction, and I've yet to see a
tutor that got away from utilizing the method given in Book One. But granted
my experience with Ruhi is pretty limited. Perhaps others can tell us if
later books and tutors manage to get away from what we are calling the 'Ruhi
method'?

Max?

warmest, Susan