Susan, you wrote:
Wouldn't it be of even more value to interview the participants, both those
who finish the course, and those who drop out? The tutors are already 'true
believers' or they wouldn't be tutors in most cases.

My answer is: The tutors would be easier to "catch" and interview. As well, I would get information as to how a believer who is teaching other believers is affected since, as Shoghi Effendi has pointed out, the teacher is benefited more than the student during the teaching activity (yes, I know that they are only "facilitating"). I do not believe that interviewing one group or another would be more important. All groups involved are important.

Richard.