Dear Khazeh,

Could you provide that long French passage in English? Or maybe
provide a reference I could look up online?

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 23:02:23 -0000, Khazeh Fananapazir
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Gilberto:
> **Yes. But I think we've gone over this. Yes, Bahá'ís say the Quran is the
> word of God. Yes Bahá'ís say Muhammad is a Manifestation. Yes, Bahá'ís even
> say that the imams are similar to the manifestations in certain respects.
> But Bahá'ís also say that the leaders of the Muslims (among other
> communities) are foolish men who follow their own whims and desires and in
> whose hearts the lamps of reason and conscience have been quenched. Yes,
> Bahá'ís say some good things about Islam and some bad things about Muslims.
> One doesn't erase the other. They just make the picture more complex.**
>
> 1] OK Dear Gilberto
> Please Please let us go gently on this terrain. The Passage in the Iqan has
> a specific context. The Maternal uncle of the Bab [Siyyid Muhammad] had come
> to Karbalaa and Baghdad [of course wondering why his Great Nephew had been
> imprisoned, castigated, bastinadoed, and suspended and martyred before 750
> soldiers only 12 years previously. So His holiness Baha'u'llah is saying the
> Book is from God, sacrosanct but the deeds of SOME are contrary to certain
> whims.

So could you me help to see your perspective on the passage by
actually pointing to which particular words in the passage indicate
that only some of the leaders are intended?