In a message dated 1/1/2005 11:33:07 PM Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Huh?

I think Muslims put as much stake in what Muhammad supposedly said at His last sermon as they do that verse in the Qur'an.
Later in His life Muhammed found it necessary to conduct correspondence with the Byzantines. They ignored letters that were not "sealed" a recognizable seal being a sign of authoirty. It is recounted that Muhammed had a series of ring seals made to authenticate His correspondence headed to Byzantium.

I agree most muslims put faith in the hadith of the  last sermon, but I cannot equate hadith and the Qur'an. When Muhammed says in the Qur'an that He is the "Seal of the Prophets" what does He mean by the term? There is an awful lot of variability in how one might interpret it.

When Baha`u'llah wrote what He wrote in the Aqdasw about the thousand years, He was, in direct contrast to the words of Muhammed, extremely precise in explaining Himself. He was far more precise in this statement than anywhere else I can think of in the Writings.

Of course the Cause was badly harmed by individuals laying a claim to be He Whom God Will Make Manifest. I think He was being so precise to protect the position of Abdu'l Baha and future Guardians.

Scott