Gilberto:
Something I've noticed about the way communication happens is that there is
a lot of cutting and pasting, and not much actual writing. There are
probably pragmatic reasons for that in terms of time. But I think there are
also perhaps other reasons. What is a little unsettling is that these
passages are thrown out, and you obviously have some reason for picking
them, or you have something you want others (or me) to see. But you don't
actually say what that is. So I wish you could be more honest and candid
about what you are trying to say.

But speaking to the hadith you quoted, from my perspective the Bahai faith
has its own sects as well and it is still rather young so I'm not certain
what you are getting at.

And JOHN SMITH wrote:
Hi Gilberto,

I think all Khazeh is doing is going through the Kitab-i-Iqan, doing a slow
read of it, and relating the things Baha'u'llah says in the first two pages
of the Kitab-i-Iqan to other Writings so that someone like me, for example,
can see what exactly Baha'u'llah was talking about.

The words Baha'u'llah uses for "path" for example, is the same word, from
what I just read, intentionally chosen by Baha'u'llah, as the same "path" or
root Arabic word for path, as what is used by the Muslim s.alaat prayers.

Someone like me reading the Iqan in English would never make that connection
unless I knew Islam and Arabic in detail.

Dearest Gilberto
Dearest John

I hope you will be tolerant with me.
I just read the 348 emails that you [my dear brother Gilberto Simpson] had
written on this LIST and I thought simply with a pure intention to share the
Iqan Passages [Iqan and Qur'an]. I shall reduce cutting and pasting dear
Gilberto.
Please be forgiving.

You also wrote:
I was born in the US but my family had only been living in the US for a few
years when I was born. Both my parents are Afro-Cuban and so I grew up with
that as part of my background especially in terms of family gatherings. But
a lot of the Cubans I grew up around were either Mexican or Puerto Rican.
The Black people I grew up around were generally not Latino. To varying
degrees I would feel some kind of personal connection with the United
States, Cuba, Latin America in general Africa, and Spain, and now on top of
that the Muslim world. At this point I'm "grown" and have sorted through my
sense of ethnic/cultural identity but I've noticed a lot of people's notions
are different.

Dear Gilberto

Thank you for sharing that. Thank you sincerely. My affection and
appreciation of your journey has increased a hundred fold.

Re WAY

Baha'u'llah does not say He is THE ONLY WAY.
*** Whoso recognizeth them hath recognized God.  Whoso hearkeneth to their
call, hath hearkened to the Voice of God, and whoso testifieth to the truth
of their Revelation, hath testified to the truth of God Himself.  Whoso
turneth away from them, hath turned away from God, and whoso disbelieveth in
them, hath disbelieved in God. EVERY ONE OF THEM IS THE WAY OF GOD THAT
CONNECTETH THIS WORLD WITH THE REALMS ABOVE, AND THE STANDARD OF HIS TRUTH
UNTO EVERY ONE IN THE KINGDOMS OF EARTH AND HEAVEN.  They are the
Manifestations of God amidst men, the evidences of His Truth, and the signs
of His glory.
        (Baha'u'llah:  Gleanings, Page: 50)

Be happy. I am only a servant.