Tim,

At 09:35 PM 10/4/2005, you wrote:
>>Hey that's a fun game, can I play too?<<

Obviously, I would not refer to liberation theology if I didn't admire some of 
the other liberation theologies. However, liberation theology is not an 
unembodied universal. Apart from a particular religious context, there is no 
liberation theology. In that sense, it is more methodological than substantive.

>>How about a group of goodhearted scholars who enjoy doing needlework?  They 
>>are the Kindly Knowledgeable Knitters... otherwise known as the  KKK. As you 
>>say, KKK is just a term, it depends on how you define it.<<

I don't see how that relates to the issue. I did not pull the term "liberation 
theology" out of the air. I am using it because I find some other liberation 
theologies to be appealing.

>>As Humpty Dumpty said "a word means just what I choose it to mean." :^)  :^)<<

IMO, that is true by definition.

Via moderna, Mark A. Foster . http://markfoster.net
... [a] word is ... a universal. - William of Ockham
Structurization Tech: http://tech.structurization.com 



 
 
The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail") 
is sent by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be 
confidential and for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The 
information may be protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts 
or other legal rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended 
recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or 
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail 
in error please immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and 
permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.
 
 
__________________________________________________
 

You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:[email protected]
Unsubscribe: send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe: send subscribe bahai-st in the message body to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe: http://list.jccc.edu:8080/read/all_forums/subscribe?name=bahai-st
Baha'i Studies is available through the following:
Mail - mailto:[email protected]
Web - http://list.jccc.edu:8080/read/?forum=bahai-st
News - news://list.jccc.edu/bahai-st
Public - http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist
Old Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]
New Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]

Reply via email to