Dear Susan,

That is because you are incorrigibly literalistic. ;-}

Well I suppose the wording doesn't mean they were all disciples. I guess it's the word 'memory' that made me wonder. Given the oral traditions available at the time, I would say of Mark and Luke that they wrote the Gospels using words of Jesus they knew, not words of Jesus they remembered. But it does look like I'm wrong. Phew!

Regards,
David




The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail") is sent 
by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be confidential and 
for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The information may be protected by 
federal and state privacy and disclosures acts or other legal rules. If the reader of this message 
is not the intended recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or 
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please 
immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and permanently delete this e-mail message 
and any attachments thereto. Thank you.


_________________________________________________________________


Need more speed? Get Xtra Broadband @ http://jetstream.xtra.co.nz/chm/0,,202853-1000,00.html


__________________________________________________
You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:[email protected]
Unsubscribe: send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe: send subscribe bahai-st in the message body to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe: http://list.jccc.edu:8080/read/all_forums/subscribe?name=bahai-st
Baha'i Studies is available through the following:
Mail - mailto:[email protected]
Web - http://list.jccc.edu:8080/read/?forum=bahai-st
News - news://list.jccc.edu/bahai-st
Public - http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist
Old Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]
New Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]

Reply via email to