In a message dated 1/11/07 5:11:13 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>"... far, far, far away from the ken of men and angels;"
>
>That starts a quote describing the Covenant that instantly struck a
>chord with me when I read it in "The Power of the Covenant" series
>pamphlets published in 1976.  Shoghi Effendi quoted about as much of it
>as I have above and attributed it to Abdu'l-Baha but I am aware that
>some years back, the Research Department at the World Centre identified
>the whole quote found in the pamphlets as coming from the diary of Ahmad
>Sohrab calling it "interesting material but not scripture."
>
>My dilemma: I am teaching a high school level Baha'i class and would
>like to use this wonderful description of the Covenant in my
>introduction to the subject.  Should I?  Kind of ironic to use the
>utterance of a Covenant-breaker to describe the Covenant but it is such
>a great overarching description.  Does anyone know if there is a similar
>but authentic description I could use?

I think it's probably okay to use the quote from Sohrab, based on the
parallel circumstance that when we finally build the house of worship on Mt.
Carmel,
we'll be using Mason Remey's design-- the principle being that just because
somebody eventually became a covenant-breaker, it doesn't negate the things
he/she did when he/she was still a loyal Baha'i.

--Sekhmet

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail")
is sent by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be
confidential and for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The
information may be protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts
or other legal rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
in error please immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and
permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.