Hi Tim,

 

Thanks for the suggestion on Portals to Freedom. I had no luck trying to use
some key search words - crack, wall, kneeling, etc. It's possible the story
came from another source and that's why I cannot find it. 

 

Hope you and all the good friends in Ithaca are doing fine. I can speak for
some of the friends here in Western New York that we miss seeing you folks
at Unit Convention now that our districts have changed.(I am assuming you
are the same Tim Nolan :-)

 

Warm regards,

Larry

 

Dear Friends,

 

I tried several search words in Ocean, Google, and the Baha'i Academic
Library trying to find the source of the story where an individual (Howard
Colby Ives?) wanted 'Abdul-Baha to teach him how to pray. The story, as I'm
trying to recall, says something about how the person was waiting patiently
for 'Abdul-Baha to finish praying so he could be shown how to pray. The
story also conveys that as this person is waiting to receive 'Abdul-Baha's
instruction he is noticing the cracks in the wall and is focusing on other
distractions, etc. etc. rather than 'Abdul-Baha's praying.

 

Does anyone know where this story can be found? I cannot remember anymore
details except maybe the person was kneeling while waiting for 'Abdul-Baha
to finish praying. Does this story sound familiar to anyone?

 

Thank you,

Larry

 

Dear friends

This story is in the 

 

Vignettes from the Life of Abdul-Baha 

Annamarie Honnold
<http://fr.bookbutler.com/do/bookSearch?searchFor=Annamarie%20Honnold&search
By=author&searchIn=uk&sortBy=salesrank&amountIn=gbp&shipTo=gb&zip=&showMore=
true&pageNr=1>  

Paperback - George Ronald
<http://fr.bookbutler.com/do/bookSearch?searchFor=George%20Ronald&searchBy=p
ublisher&searchIn=uk&sortBy=salesrank&amountIn=gbp&shipTo=gb&zip=&showMore=t
rue&pageNr=1>  (Dec 1982) - 224 Pages 
ISBN 0853981299
<http://fr.bookbutler.com/do/bookSearch?searchFor=0853981299&searchBy=isbn&s
earchIn=uk&sortBy=salesrank&amountIn=gbp&shipTo=gb&zip=&showMore=true&pageNr
=1>  - ISBN-13 9780853981299
<http://fr.bookbutler.com/do/bookSearch?searchFor=9780853981299&searchBy=isb
n&searchIn=uk&sortBy=salesrank&amountIn=gbp&shipTo=gb&zip=&showMore=true&pag
eNr=1>  

Pages 148-149

 

 

**.I will teach you to pray. you must not think of the cracks in the wall.**

 

Honnold excerpts it from Dorothy Baker's ** the path to God**  pages 13-17

 

With humility khazeh



 
 
The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail") 
is sent by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be 
confidential and for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The 
information may be protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts 
or other legal rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended 
recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or 
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail 
in error please immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and 
permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.
 
 
__________________________________________________
 

You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe: send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe: send subscribe bahai-st in the message body to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe: http://list.jccc.edu:8080/read/all_forums/subscribe?name=bahai-st
Baha'i Studies is available through the following:
Mail - mailto:[email protected]
Web - http://list.jccc.edu:8080/read/?forum=bahai-st
News - news://list.jccc.edu/bahai-st
Public - http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist
Old Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
New Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]

Reply via email to