The Baha'i Studies Listserv
*"Recently at a Study Circle a new believer expressed concern as to whether
Baha'is
might be persecuted now that we have a "Muslim' as a president."*

I think it is concerning that the President has to "ease" the tension by
claiming that he's *not *a Muslim, which implies that there is somehow
something bad about being a Muslim. Like 'Muslim' is synonymous with 'evil',
'murderer', etc. I know that he doesn't think that.