 From: Don Calkins <don59...@gmail.com>
To: Baha'i Studies <bahai-st@list.jccc.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 3:59 PM
Subject: Re: Short Healing Prayer

The Baha'i Studies Listserv
That is the personal belief of an individual and is not authoritative.  In
fact, I find the statement as made very problematical.  The author is setting
themselves up as some kind of authority and they are not.

There is a wide range of acceptable beliefs on most subjects in the Faith.
Attempts to proscribe certain of these ideas is inappropriate at best.  If the
author believes and wants structure her life according these precepts, that up
to them.  But they have no business saying that what other people should do.

In this case, in my opinion, the amount of time spent in prayer and meditation
is secondary to the attitude it inculcates.  As Jesus said -
7 And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they
think that they will be heard for their many words.
8 “Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have
need of before you ask Him.
Don C