The Baha'i Studies Listserv

> Most of the Islamic world has strict rules enforced with sometimes violent
> punishments to enforce Islamic moral
> codes<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia>,
> including sexual morality on their citizens, and impose it on non-Muslims
> living within their societies.

That is a more recent phenomenon. It was the case that Islamic laws were
imposed on non-Muslims during the classical period or even the period of
the Gunpowder Empires.

> Susan, while conservatives tend to make claims like that all the time, no
> actual evidence has shown that to be true. Instead, two parent households
> regardless of gender is the ideal home according to the data. Interpreting
> the data any other way is a non sequitur.

According to the data of how many studies? And please give more than wiki
article. I think most of us who were raised by both a father and mother
experienced the importance of having both, not just because we needed two
of whatever, but because it was important to have both a male and female
model. Now obviously that often doesn't happen to do and homosexuality
plays a very small role. My son, like many children, was raised in a
single-parent household. It may well be that a gay couple is preferable to
that.  We don't deny single parents their parental rights, why would we
deny it to gay people? But all things being equal, I have to agree with Don
that having a mother and father is optimal. But life doesn't give most of
us what is optimal so we work with what we have.