The Baha'i Studies Listserv
I forgot to include specific religious ethics. Note, Scientology and Wicca are
good examples of the       hypothesis. The Baha'i Faith and Religious Humanism
are good examples as well.

The "Declaration Toward a Global Ethic"[34] from the Parliament of the World’s
Religions[35][36] (1993) proclaimed the Golden Rule ("We must treat others as
we wish others to treat us") as the common principle for many religions.[37]
The Initial Declaration was signed by 143 respected leaders from all of the
world's major faiths, including Baha'i Faith, Brahmanism, Brahma Kumaris,
Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Indigenous, Interfaith, Islam, Jainism,
Judaism, Native American, Neo-Pagan, Sikhism, Taoism, Theosophist, Unitarian
Universalist and Zoroastrian.[37][38] In the folklore of several cultures{31}
the Golden Rule is depicted by the allegory of the long spoons.
The Writings of the Bahá'í Faith while encouraging everyone to treat others as
they would treat themselves, go further by introducing the concept of
preferring others before oneself:
O SON OF MAN! Deny not My servant should he ask anything from thee, for his
face is My face; be then abashed before Me.
—Bahá'u'lláh[39]
Blessed is he who preferreth his brother before himself.
—Bahá'u'lláh[40][41]
And if thine eyes be turned towards justice, choose thou for thy neighbour that
which thou choosest for thyself.
—Bahá'u'lláh[42][43]
Ascribe not to any soul that which thou wouldst not have ascribed to thee, and
say not that which thou doest not.
—Bahá'u'lláh[44][45][46]
Beware lest ye harm any soul, or make any heart to sorrow; lest ye wound any
man with your words, be he known to you or a stranger, be he friend or foe.
—`Abdu'l-Bahá[47]

Many different sources claim the Golden Rule as a humanist principle:[55][56]
Trying to live according to the Golden Rule means trying to empathise with
other people, including those who may be very different from us. Empathy is at
the root of kindness, compassion, understanding and respect – qualities that we
all appreciate being shown, whoever we are, whatever we think and wherever we
come from. And although it isn’t possible to know what it really feels like to
be a different person or live in different circumstances and have different
life experiences, it isn’t difficult for most of us to imagine what would cause
us suffering and to try to avoid causing suffering to others. For this reason
many people find the Golden Rule’s corollary – “do not treat people in a way
you would not wish to be treated yourself” – more pragmatic.[55]
The above is from the website Think Humanism
Do not do to others what you would not want them to do to you. [is] (...) the
single greatest, simplest, and most important moral axiom humanity has ever
invented, one which reappears in the writings of almost every culture and
religion throughout history, the one we know as the Golden Rule. Moral
directives do not need to be complex or obscure to be worthwhile, and in fact,
it is precisely this rule's simplicity which makes it great. It is easy to come
up with, easy to understand, and easy to apply, and these three things are the
hallmarks of a strong and healthy moral system. The idea behind it is readily
graspable: before performing an action which might harm another person, try to
imagine yourself in their position, and consider whether you would want to be
the recipient of that action. If you would not want to be in such a position,
the other person probably would not either, and so you should not do it. It is
the basic and fundamental human trait of empathy, the ability to vicariously
experience how another is feeling, that makes this possible, and it is the
principle of empathy by which we should live our lives.[57]
The above is from the website Ebon Musings
According to Greg M. Epstein, a Humanist chaplain at Harvard University, " 'do
unto others' ... is a concept that essentially no religion misses entirely. But
not a single one of these versions of the golden rule requires a God".[58]

These eight words the Rede fulfill, 'an ye harm none do as ye will.
—The Wiccan Rede
Here ye these words and heed them well, the words of Dea, thy Mother Goddess,
"I command thee thus, O children of the Earth, that that which ye deem harmful
unto thyself, the very same shall ye be forbidden from doing unto another, for
violence and hatred give rise to the same. My command is thus, that ye shall
return all violence and hatred with peacefulness and love, for my Law is love
unto all things. Only through love shall ye have peace; yea and verily, only
peace and love will cure the world, and subdue all evil."
—The Book of Ways, Devotional Wicca

19. Try not to do things to others that you would not like them to do to you.
—The Way to Happiness, Precept 19[73][74]
20. Try to treat others as you would want them to treat you.
—The Way to Happiness, Precept 20[75][76]
Consistent with the observation by Walter Terence Stace "that 'doing as you
would be done by' includes taking into account your neighbor's tastes as you
would that he should take yours into account" (see Criticisms and responses to
criticisms), Scientologyaddresses the issue concerning differences in values or
interests by focusing on the values and interests of the recipient of the
conduct:
Thus today we have two golden rules for happiness: 1. Be able to experience
anything; and 2. Cause only those things which others are able to experience
easily.
—Scientology: A New Slant on Life, Two Rules for Happy Living[70][71][72]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhist_ethics
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_ethics
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_ethics
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_ethics