The Baha'i Studies Listserv
You could add Biblical Israel as a Jewish example.

Despite the fact that Thailand is an extremely devout Thereveda Buddhist
country, it is known internationally for the sex industry worldwide. The whole
of Southeast Asia is in the same boat in this regard, but Thailand is the most
famous for it. Vietnam is Mahayana instead of Theraveda. Given the stereotypes
people have about what a devout religious society is, people wouldn't expect
Thailand and Southeast Asia or any other Buddhist country to have a thriving
sex industry. Actually, Buddhists don't see it as inconsistent with Buddhism.

Sent from my iPad