David, I thought this passage referred to such things as death as
irrevocable. That is, once enacted, to bring to life again has enormous
implications. Impending might be about a whole host of social and
environmental interactions that can be changed.
The concept of existence, from a physics view of the universe, is to
look at it as if predestiny was like a garden park with a gate at two
diagonal corners. At one gate stands existence at the current moment, at
the other, existence as it will eventually be, say, this time tomorrow.
Now to get from one gate to another there are still an infinite number
of pathways within the boundaries of the garden. But any chosen step
brings a certain reality into existence while collapsing the
possibilities for the next step. Now physicists say there is no reason
apart from the effect of the observer, us, on the system, why we can't
go backward along the time continuum, therefore perhaps even leap
sideways away from the reality defined by the collapse of waves of
probability. Because it is all just information anyway and if you had
the ability to see the system from a wholistic viewpoint eg God, you may
be able to fiddle with it in any way. But for the human being,
psychological and socially, to have the 'reality' take a sideways leap,
so you no longer are born in Manhattan, but New Delhi, or backward so
you could remember dying in a car accident, so you didn't take that car
so you lived (well sci fi has dealt with time travel problems for most
of a century or more). And just bringing back to life?. On an adhoc
basis? What rule that is understandable to humans can be used?
But small negotiations of the pathway of existence may not have dramatic
effect, or may have beneficial effect. Eg the recovery of a sick person.
The thing that we can never see, is the final outcome of every choice we
make, which causes a collapse of the wave of probability, and interferes
with the waves induced by every other choice maker an even every other
information processor such as animals, plants, and the physics of the
environmental system as well.
The system our embryological souls have been associated with, for our
spiritual education, has a certain form. We call it the universe, or the
world. It is that form which makes us unaware of our creator. It is from
this form that we must find the evidence of the creator so that we can
find the education to nurture the soul. The manifestation of God is the
only true guide within the world, to an understanding about the system
and its true nature, its purpose, and our role. It therefore would be
contrary to the purpose of true spiritual education to interfere with
the pathways.
Regards
Owen