Dear friends on this list

I have not read the list forwardings for a month or so.
I swear by God and I say this most solemnly.
you are losing focus by discussing so much on sex and matters related to
sex.

The Universal House of Justice say in their Ridvan Message that these four
attributes are necessary now in the Cause
*Consecration, Zeal, Confidence, and Tenacity*
We must get back to these themes.

His Holiness Baha'u'llah, the Speaker on Sinai, the Lord of the Vineyard has
defined LIFE and Death for us

We must re-read what He has written.
[below]

Vital to remember:  in the United States and Canada so many seekers come to
firesides bringing the book *Encyclopedia of Cults and New Religions* by
John Ankerberg and John Weldon
http://www.christians4christ.com/reviews/books/encyclopedia_cults_new_religions.html
Synopsis:

This is a good resource for Christians that confront members of cults, or
those who wish to learn more about cults and new religious movements that
seem to be growing in number and followers. There is a tremendous amount of
information on the major groups, such as Buddhism and Baha'i, as well as a
nice chapter devoted to an explanation of exactly what the author considers
a cult.

Author: John Ankerberg and John Weldon

http://www.pfo.org/encyclo.htm
ENCYCLOPEDIA OF CULTS AND NEW RELIGIONS
by John Ankerberg and John Weldon
Harvest House Publishers, 731 pages

John Ankerberg and John Weldon come up big with their Encyclopedia of Cults
and New Religions - really big. Weighing in at over 2.5 lbs. and over 700
pages, this massive volume is one of the most exhaustive and up-to-date
investigations of non-Christian sects ever published. It even delves into
some world religions and occultic groups that have transformed into
contemporary movements.

We do nothing to think nay respond in a learned and measured and tactful
way to these:

We are truly undoubtedly undeniably losing focus by so many nearly 30
postings on sex and matters related unto it.

They must concentrate every ounce of their energy, and focus their entire
attention, on the tasks immediately ahead, resolved to work unremittingly
and unflinchingly until the goals of the present Plan are achieved.
 (Shoghi Effendi, Letters from the Guardian to Australia and New Zealand, p.
72)

... on which the energy of the loved ones of Bahá'u'lláh everywhere must be
even more intensively focused than before.
 (The Universal House of Justice, 2001 Jun 01

Therefore, groups need to enthusiastically pursue a process of
spiritualization. However, it must be understood that spiritualization
cannot occur by a deepening process outside of teaching initiatives; the two
must go together. Reflection and action are interdependent. Spiritual growth
does not happen by intellectual exercise
 (International Teaching Centre, 1989 Jul 05)

**"...The eyes of the people of the world are beginning to be focussed on
us, and as humanity's plight goes from bad to worse, we will be watched ever
more intently by non-Baha'is
 ( The beloved Guardian August 5, 1955
 (Multiple Authors:  Lights of Guidance, Page: 136)

***Warn, O Salman, the beloved of the one true God, not to view with too
critical an eye the sayings and writings of men.  Let them rather approach
such sayings and writings in a spirit of open-mindedness and loving
sympathy.  Those men, however, who, in this Day, have been led to assail, in
their inflammatory writings, the tenets of the Cause of God, are to be
treated differently.  It is incumbent upon all men, each according to his
ability, to refute the arguments of those that have attacked the Faith of
God.  Thus hath it been decreed by Him Who is the All-Powerful, the
Almighty.  He that wisheth to promote the Cause of the one true God, let him
promote it through his pen and tongue, rather than have recourse to sword or
violence.  We have, on a previous occasion, revealed this injunction, and We
now confirm it, if ye be of them that comprehend.  By the righteousness of
Him Who, in this Day, crieth within the inmost heart of all created things:
"God, there is none other God besides Me!"  If any man were to arise to
defend, in his writings, the Cause of God against its assailants, such a
man, however inconsiderable his share, shall be so honored in the world to
come that the Concourse on high would envy his glory.  No pen can depict the
loftiness of his station, neither can any tongue describe its splendor.
 (Baha'u'llah:  Gleanings, Pages: 329-330)
***

64 Know then that "life" hath a twofold meaning.  The first pertaineth to
the appearance of man in an elemental body, and is as manifest to thine
eminence and to others as the midday sun.  This life cometh to an end with
physical death, which is a God-ordained and inescapable reality.  That life,
however, which is mentioned in the Books of the Prophets and the Chosen Ones
of God is the life of knowledge; that is to say, the servant's recognition
of the sign of the splendours wherewith He Who is the Source of all
splendour hath Himself invested him, and his certitude of attaining unto the
presence of God through the Manifestations of His Cause.  This is that
blessed and everlasting life that perisheth not: whosoever is quickened
thereby shall never die, but will endure as long as His Lord and Creator
will endure.

65 The first life, which pertaineth to the elemental body, will come to an
end, as hath been revealed by God: "Every soul shall taste of death."   But
the second life, which ariseth from the knowledge of God, knoweth no death,
as hath been revealed aforetime: "Him will We surely quicken to a blessed
life."   And in another passage concerning the martyrs:  "Nay, they are
alive and sustained by their Lord."   And from the Traditions: "He who is a
true believer liveth both in this world and in the world to come."
Numerous examples of similar words are to be found in the Books of God and
of the Embodiments of His justice.  For the sake of brevity, however, We
have contented Ourself with the above passages.

66 O My brother!  Forsake thine own desires, turn thy face unto thy Lord,
and walk not in the footsteps of those who have taken their corrupt
inclinations for their god, that perchance thou mayest find shelter in the
heart of  existence, beneath the redeeming shadow of Him Who traineth all
names and attributes.  For they who turn away from their Lord in this day
are in truth accounted amongst the dead, though to outward seeming they may
walk upon the earth, amongst the deaf, though they may hear, and amongst the
blind, though they may see, as hath been clearly stated by Him Who is the
Lord of the Day of Reckoning: "Hearts have they with which they understand
not, and eyes have they with which they see not.."

puzzled and somewhat saddened that we have utterly lost our focus on this
LIFE and Its true Meaning as expounded by God HimSelf today
a lowly dust
khazeh

**       CXLII
     Glory be to Thee, O my God!  My face hath been set towards Thy face,
and my face is, verily, Thy face, and my call is Thy call, and my Revelation
Thy Revelation, and my self Thy Self, and my Cause Thy Cause, and my behest
Thy behest, and my Being Thy Being, and my sovereignty Thy sovereignty, and
my glory Thy glory, and my power Thy power.
 (Baha'u'llah:  Prayers and Meditations, Page: 231)