On 8/20/03 12:41 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I have heard that there was a letter several years before the
Iranian
> revolution that was addressed to the Bahai's of Iran warning them to
> leave before the
> time would come in the near future when they would not be allowed to
leave.
> Does anyone know where I can obtain a copy of this letter. I am
curious as
> whether it was a general exhortation to pioneer or a more direct
'prophetic'
> warning to calamity.

I know a Persian Baha'i and his American wife.  They were living in
Iran at the time.  She speaks/reads pretty good Persian.  She said in
a letter to a mutual friend that she saw nothing special about it; but
her husband read it and immediately said "We're leaving!"  Within
months they had liquidated their assets, at a significant loss, and
had moved to Africa.

Perhaps you will see more in it than she did.

Don C