Dear Susan,

> I thought all Manifestations were supposed to come from the East.  Am I
> misled about this?

I think that is pretty much a Baha'i myth. The Qur'an says there is no
people to whom a Prophet has not been sent. I presume that means the West as
well as the East.

Obviously 'Abdu'l-Baha's statements should have authority, and I'm having difficulty seeing why His statements shouldn't be read to indicate that all Manifestations have come from the East. If that's what He meant to convey then the Qur'an would have obviously not meant to include the West under its idea that every people/nation has had a Prophet sent to them. I would have thought that, while not specifically indicated, Muhammad did not necessarily intend to include the whole world. Would His original audience have had much interest in the West, and does the Qur'an mention any Western Prophets?

Just out of interest, what makes you think Quetzelcoatl was a Prophet? As far as I know, no writings or sayings exist, which would seem to make it difficult to form a solid opinion about the man.

Regards,
David

Surf the net and talk on the phone with Xtra Jetstream @ http://www.xtra.co.nz/products/0,,5803,00.html !

---------- You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] To unsubscribe send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Baha'i Studies is available through the following: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] http://list.jccc.net/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=bahai-st news://list.jccc.net/bahai-st http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist (public) http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED] (public)