From: Asana Viebeke Lengkong <asan...@indo.net.id>
Subject: [bali] FW: Hyatt Bali
To: bali@lp3b.or.id, bali-b...@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, April 21, 2009, 12:14 PM

Ini tanggapan dari Hyatt...

Jadi tinggal di monitor saja

From: Monika Szabuniewicz [mailto:demonika...@gmail.com]
Sent: 21 April 2009 11:13
To: farley.k...@hyatt.com
Cc: Vibeke; Muriel Ydo; Lala Yusna K
Subject: Re: Hyatt Bali

Hi,
My only question is when?
BR,
Monika

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 12:37 AM, <farley.k...@hyatt.com> wrote:

Dear Ms. Szabuniewicz,

Thank you for expressing your commitment to Bali's environment -- a concern
Hyatt shares -- in your recent email.  I can assure you that Hyatt is committed
to sustainable business practices at its managed hotels throughout the world.
We work diligently to minimize our impact on the environment by conserving
resources, reducing waste and fostering a culture of environmental
consciousness among our associates, guests and business partners.

At Hyatt, we operate in a manner than complies with local regulations and
aligns with our goals of ethical behavior and sustainability.  We are deeply
disturbed by your characterization of Hyatt's environmental practices and will
certainly investigate the matter.

Best Regards,

Farley Kern
Director of Brand Public Relations
Hyatt Hotels & Resorts
71 S. Wacker Drive, 16th Floor
Chicago, IL 60606

tel: 312.780.5506
mobile: 312.213.9811
farley.k...@hyatt.com
www.hyatt.com

Monika Szabuniewicz <demonika...@gmail.com>
04/19/2009 02:23 AM

farley.k...@hyatt.com, brigitta.w...@hyatt.com

cc

Subject

Shame on you Hyatt!

Dear Hyatt Corporate Management,

We are a group of concerned individuals (residents - Indonesian & expat,
tourism workers, ngo workers, businesses, tourists, surfers, students and
children) that are frustrated with the destruction of Bali's environment and
the lack of environmental law enforcement and corporate social responsibility.

We want to inform you that the Hyatt is in gross violation of not just your own
Hyatt environmental/sustainability policies and local Indonesian laws, but are
also putting the health of your own guests at risk.  Hyatt management has over
the years exploited the lack of local environmental law enforcement and
knowingly illegally disposed of its wastes and other dangerous residue and
subjugated the community to this pollution (photos attached).  This should be
of grave concern to the Hyatt since it not only ultimately harms the future
prospects of your business but also exposes Hyatt to legal liability and bad
press back in the home countries of your concerned guests.   It is unbelievable
in this day in age that Hyatt acts in this manner; it is 2009, not 1809!!  Wake
up!!

We insist and will continue to insist through letters, emails and other means
(iReports, Youtube, travel blogs and website reviews, and journalists) that
Hyatt abide by your own internal environmental/sustainability policy as well as
local laws.  We hope you take this matter very seriously, as we do.

Respectfully Yours,

Friends of Bali

Kirim email ke