From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2001 3:57 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [balita-anda] Kapan anak mulai bisa membaca?

Dear netters,

Pak Yayat, anda nampaknya tidak bisa mengattach file anda
ke milis Balita Anda ini, karena akan dihapus oleh server.

Tapi mengenai artikel Glenn Doman, saya menemukan komenter /
 referensi negatif mengenai bukunya (lihat kutipan di bawah ini)

(Please refer to      http://learninfreedom.org/readbook.html)

How to Teach Your Baby to Read
(Glenn Doman)

Not recommended book, mentioned only because people ask me about it
once in a while. The overall approach is flawed. Stick with the recommended
books from this list and use Doman's, if at all, only for laughs.

Please write to me with detailed information about your experiences with
the Doman materials if you disagree with me; I'm not the only person who has
the opinion that Doman goes beyond the evidence in what he claims about his
teaching methods, but I'm willing to listen to persons with a contrary
opinion,
especially an opinion based on personal experience.

Anda bisa jelaskan?

Sementara itu, si reviewer merekomendasikan buku lain, yaitu Let's Read

Let's Read, A Linguistic Approach
(Leonard Bloomfield and Clarence Barnhart)

(Detroit: Wayne State U Press, 1961).
465 pages; index.

Superb book by a brilliant linguist, Leonard Bloomfield, who knew how to
teach
well and who used a draft of this book to teach his own son to read, and
by Clarence Barnhart, the famous dictionary compiler.

This book's authors know the English language and how to teach it. Let's
Read is
so effective in teaching young children to read that for years its
publication
was
resisted by the United States publishing industry, which depends on school
textbook sales for outrageous profits from taxpayers.

I am delighted that readers of this site told me that this wonderful book,
which
eventually was published by a university press after Bloomfield's death,
is in print and readily available from Amazon.com. I bought the book (I had
seen
it in libraries before) and used it to teach my own son to read. The final
story
 in
the last lesson alone is worth the full price of the book as a motivation to
independent reading. (Let your child discover the last line of the book for
himself!)

My son went from being almost a nonreader to being a fully independent
reader
after I helped him with this book and a few other books mentioned on this
page.
I especially like Let's Read because Bloomfield was the teacher of another
brilliant teacher, John DeFrancis, author of the textbooks that taught me
Chinese.
Buy it, you'll like it. RECOMMENDED. KMBowns

Thanx,

Chandra Purnama

>> kirim bunga, pesan cake & balon ulangtahun? klik, http://www.indokado.com
>> Info balita, http://www.balita-anda.indoglobal.com
Etika berinternet, email ke: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Stop berlangganan, e-mail ke: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Kirim email ke