I think you can tell by the hour how much work this has taken, but I am proud to 
announce the
introduction of the automated Duelling Order Generator.  This will give you full 
control over your
Duelling orders:  you can change them as often as you like and you are guaranteed that 
the most
recent version before the deadline will be used when I go to run the turn (just like 
with your
orders).
      You can go directly to the EnGarde site by clicking:
http://www.realmsofsilver.com/engarde/LoggedIn?OpenFrameset&Login
      Once you have logged in, you can click Create Duelling orders to make your first 
set.  Unlike
your Turn Orders (which never has more than one copy), you will create as many 
Duelling Order
routines as you like for different weapon combinations.

      So what's the catch?  The bad news is that I won't be able to import any 
existing duelling
orders for a number of reasons.  Therefore, everyone is going to have to recreate 
their duelling
orders from scratch.  The side benefit is that it will keep everyone on par and will 
clean up some
of the older duelling rules which crash the program.  I know it's a pain to start over 
but it's the
best way in the long run.  Please log in when you can and create your new duelling 
orders.  Once it
seems like a number of people have created duelling orders (and we've verified that 
the new entry
system actually works), I will announce the deadline for the next turn.
      If you don't have time to create your duelling orders, you will receive the 
default duelling
orders (your character will perform a useful Random Action).  While not the greatest, 
it will
certainly get you by until you have a chance to create duelling orders (so don't sweat 
it if you are
busy and can't this month).
      Thanks for your patience, and I hope you enjoy the new system.

Greg


_______________________________________________
Banana mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.humf.su.se/mailman/listinfo/banana

Reply via email to