http://muslimmatters.org/2009/02/24/sick-and-tired/

So Very Tired

Dear brothers and sisters in Islam, and specifically you in North 
America who will understand this best.

I have a problem.

I know where I came from, I know who I am, and I have a pretty good idea 
of where I want to go.

But I am tired.

Tired of the Muslim Identity Crisis Conferences.  Tired of Muslims in 
America conferences.  You're a human being that was created for the sole 
purpose of worshipping the One who created you.  Get over it and move on.

Tired of confused pseudo-intellectuals who keep trying to legitimize 
their deepest, darkest insecurities under the cover of academic 
acceptance.  Women can't lead men in prayer, and homosexuality will 
never be acceptable.

Tired of the explicit condemnation of Muslim terrorists that comes 
without the explicit condemnation of all terrorism, particularly against 
Muslims.  Can the Ummah of Muhammad please unite, the Ummah of the likes 
of Umar ibn al Khatab, Khalid ibn Waleed, Sad ibn abi Waqqas, and Hamza 
please find the necessary pieces of spine required to call George Bush 
et al what they are?

Speaking of which, I'm tired of the games Muslim politicians and 
political organizations play to put a position forward that deludes no 
one except yourselves for believing they'd believe you.

Tired of victim-culture fatwas that turn every situation into a 
necessity, and that coddles our ummah into weakness for the sake of ease 
and some overarching goal of dawah that never seems to be properly 
articulated in simple, coherent language.

Tired of Islamic teachers of any calibre who complain about the adab and 
khuluq of people and are badly in need of it themselves, in all forms of 
communication.

Tired of all the acronymed organizations and their leadership, and their 
inability to establish an agreed upon method for moonsighting.  Really.  
All the opinions are correct, so please, just put them all in a hat, 
draw one out, and if you all unite on it, we'll follow it.  Even me.  I 
promise.

Tired of the word Islamophobia.  Who came up with this ridiculous word? 
 Whoever it was, they need to be shot...with a super soaker.  I want to 
curl myself up in the fetal position every time I hear that word.

Tired of you telling me we need fiqh of minorities, and that we should 
combine prayers in the work place.  This isn't Muslim Spain, we have 
rights that can be exercised - please stop cowering in the corner, or at 
least stop trying to get us to join you there.

Tired at your exasperation over Barack Obama not wanting to talk to you 
during the election.  Who would want to talk to a pack of sniveling 
lackeys who have no respect for themselves and act as though they are 
embarassed at the religion they profess to follow?

And I'm tired of you acting like Obama's theMahdi incarnate.  We only 
rooted for him because we wanted to stick it to GWB, not because we like 
his politics of homosexuality, late term abortions, and worst of all, 
restarting the war in afghanistan.

I'm so, so very tired of it all.  And if you looked at the list above, 
you may be tired of it as well.  But you know what?  I'm tired of you too.

Tired of you sitting behind your computer, writing in a style that makes 
you sound like ranting and raving lunatic.

Tired of you complaining about everything and doing absolutely nothing.

Tired of the online chickenhawk hate brigade who hates everything about 
America and happily pay their taxes after clicking "Submit" on their 
latest online rant against it.

Tired of people who call for Hijrah and never go, citing the reasons of 
the people who are against hijrah - "But dude, there are no ANSAR on the 
other end, otherwise, like, I'm sooo there!"  It's called planning, 
genius, see lessons of the Prophet's (SAW) escape from Makkah for a 
primer on how to plan AHEAD.

Tired of your open hatred of all nonMuslims / kafirs in the name of al 
wala w'al bara.  Yes, I said kafirs.  Does that make you feel better?  
Then I'm also tired of your pettiness.

Tired of your delusions of mind and intention reading.  Don't you see 
the potential aqida problems here?

Tired of your PDF refutations.  I have absolutely no idea who the author 
of the document is, or his credentials to say and interpret as he has. 
 Please tell me what you understand, or don't bother.

Tired of you taking every fiqh issue and making it an aqeedah issue such 
that if it's not in accordance with what the scholar du jour spoonfed 
you yesterday, that person must most certainly either be off the manhaj, 
a sell-out, or both.

And I'm tired of you not knowing anything about the fundamentals of 
Islam, like, for example, the Seerah!

Tired, tired, tired.

Did you like the list above?  Really?  I'm tired of you too.

Tired of you expecting everyone to follow you blindly and stupidly.

Tired of you looking down your nose at people who are far more qualified 
to deal with logic, analogy, and argumentation and telling them, "But 
you don't know Arabic."  Yeah, I don't know latin either, but if I have 
a medical condition, my doctor will still explain it to me, and if he's 
any good, he'll tell me to get a second opinion if I have doubts.

Tired of your partisanship, and tired of you calling it a mercy. 
 Really?  Coulda fooled me.  Visit my community on the first and last 
day of Ramadan, I'll show you mercy.

Tired of you expecting me to disconnect my mind on fiqh, believe the 
most ridiculously esoteric ideas about God, and then strive for 
spiritual ecstacy.  Are you kidding me?

But I'm not done yet, oh no - I'm tired of you too.

Tired of you prioritizing your career, your family, and all your 
weaknesses over the worship of Allah.

Tired of you complaining to scholars about what a victim you are.

Tired of you saying you need to live in a house.  You liar.  You can 
rent a house - you just don't want to lose money.  Admit it.

Tired of you looking for easy fatwas rather than picking yourselves up 
by the bootstraps and working at being a Muslim, and struggling with the 
challenges.

Tired of your back home mentality that keeps the child you think is fair 
from marrying an African American.  The only thing black here is your heart.

Tired of you believing your donations entitle you to run the masjid.

Tired of the way you run the masjid.  It stinks, figuratively and literally.

Tired of you complaining about the poor ethics of Muslim governments, 
while you have the same ethics, the only thing separating you and them 
is the scale of the violation.

Tired, tired, tired, so very tired.

The ironic thing of all this is that despite all that, I still love you 
for the sake of Allah.  As I said to begin this letter, you are my dear 
brothers and sisters in Islam.  I have my flaws, I have my weaknesses, 
and I am by no means perfect.  At any point in my life, I could have fit 
into multiple categories in that complaint list.

But do you know why I'm tired?  I'm tired because we have so many 
issues, and I feel obligated to do something about all of it.  I want to 
fix it.  I want to make it right.  You probably do too.

In the end, we are here to worship Allah.  I don't know a lot, but I 
know that much.  All I can do is ask Allah to guide us all to come 
together, to be the people whom He Loves, to be people whom He will be 
pleased with.


-- 
Linda
*http://freedetainees.org <http://freedetainees.org/>
"If we shadows have offended, Think but this,
and all is mended, That you have but slumber'd
here While these visions did appear..."
- William Shakespeare
*


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"bangla-vision" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/bangla-vision?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to