Salaamun Alaykum,

I also have a ist of actions that need to be taken - as well as a list 
of detainee support sites at my site http://freedetainees.org  I hope it 
helps.  There are some petitions there as well.  If you need anything 
that's not listed there - please email me and I'll get you what I can, 
or point you to someone that can.  Cageprisoners.com is the most 
complete site out there.  They are based in the UK and do amazing work. 

[email protected] wrote:
>
>
> In a message dated 7/13/2009 12:48:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time, 
> LadyintheShoe1 writes:
>
>     Is it okay in my letters to ask her when her next court date will be? 
>     Insha'Allah since you are very close to the family can you be sure
>     to keep me in the loop so that I am always on the right side of
>     the fence? Additionally how do I contact the *The Fahad Hashmi
>     Support Committee?*
>
>  
> 1). Limiting case related questions to, "When is your next court 
> date?" is not a problem (but specific case related inquiries should 
> end there).
>  
> 2). As a point of clarification, I would not describe myself as being 
> "very close" to Aafia's family. There are two members of Aafia's 
> family here in the United States who I have come to know over the past 
> year. I am in frequent contact with both of them, and (alhamdullilah) 
> they TRUST and value both my *personal *and *organizational 
> *involvement in this case. 
>  
> 3). As for the New York-based *Fahad Hashmi Support Committee*, you 
> can access them through
> www.freefahad.com <http://www.freefahad.com> . They have done 
> phenomenal work on behalf of this Muslim political prisoner, and 
> they've been a source of good information on others as well (including 
> our sister Aafia). 
>  
>  
> In closing, there is a mentally and /spiritually/ unbalanced person 
> (whose name I will not even dignify in this writing) who has a habit - 
> *going back many years* - of attacking other Muslims who he either 
> doesn't like, or simply disagrees with. This unsavory and 
> counterproductive tendency has resulted in both he and his 
> "organization" becoming more and more marginalized with the passing of 
> time. It is best that you (and others) avoid such 
> persons/organizations as much as possible.
>  
> Our sister (and my good friend) Yvonne Ridley - who in my humble 
> opinion, by the grace and mercy of ALLAH, deserves the lion's share of 
> the credit for helping bust this case open within the "court of public 
> opinion - said it best when she recently noted:
>  
> *"There should have been hundreds if not thousands mobilised for our 
> sister Aafiya. We have let her down and squabbling or kicking lumps 
> out of each other is not going to rectify that...."*
>  
> I couldn't agree more. And with that said, may ALLAH (SWT) strengthen 
> and preserve us in the struggle ahead.
>  
> Your brother in Islam,
>  
> Mauri' Saalakhan
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Looking for love this summer? Find it now on AOL Personals 
> <http://personals.aol.com/?ncid=emlcntuslove00000003>.
>
>
> 

-- 
Linda
*http://freedetainees.org <http://freedetainees.org/>
"If we shadows have offended, Think but this,
and all is mended, That you have but slumber'd
here While these visions did appear..."
- William Shakespeare
*


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"bangla-vision" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/bangla-vision?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to